Color healing is utilized through visualization in which the practitioner vividly
holds the color in his mind and directs it to the affected area of the patient.
Color healing is taught to the patient during breathing techniques. Specific colors assist to heal the body in daily living. Color and light heal specific organs of the body by releasing blocked emotions.
The body selects from sunlight whatever colors it needs to maintain balance, and these colors are absorbed by vibrations. In color healing the treatment for this condition is chromotherapy, which supplies the body with colors that it is lacking. The application of chromotherapy is very practicable and can be done without danger to anyone because the natural element of color is being dealt with.
Directing the color healing: The practitioner produces the color required to heal the patient. Most often light from outside or direct sunlight is used. To intensify the required color a piece of colored glass, plastic, or even cellophane may be used in which to direct light through. One method in color healing is to tape the piece of colored glass, plastic, cellophane, or even tissue paper on the pane of a window, then let the patient sit in front of the window so the colored light is directed to the patient’s afflicted area. If it is the stomach then the light should penetrate the stomach area, or an afflicted arm, or whatever. This color healing treatment should be given twice for thirty minutes daily, once in the morning and once in the evening.
In the absent of sunlight or if there is no available window, artificial light may be used. One method in color healing is the use of a photographic slide projector. This is frequently better than a window because the light can be more accurately focused onto the afflicted area. From a photographic supply firm one can obtain empty cardboard slide mouths onto which can be placed small rectangles of colored plastic or acetate so to have a set of slides of the seven primary colors.
Another modality in color healing is called Color-Charged Water. An ordinary glass of water can become medicinal when charged by sunlight. Tape a piece of colored paper or acetate around the glass (a colored bottle is even better) and let it sit in sunlight from six to eight hours. Even if the sun does not directly shine on the water it will still be charged. A wineglass of water taken three times daily has the similar effect as a thirty minute colored light application. An example of this form of color healing is drinking red water in the morning to wake one up or invigorate the person, and drinking indigo at night to relax him. Treatment by the use of color-charged water is called Hydrochromotherapy.
Distant Color Healing is used as a form of sympathetic healing and can be applied when the patient is absent by utilizing a photograph of the person.
In color healing the primary colors of the spectrum and their healing
properties are as follows:
• Violet is at the opposite end of the spectrum from red; good for mental disorders, the nervous system, baldness and female complaints.
• Indigo is a slight narcotic removing fears and reassures those afraid of the dark; good for emotional problems, deafness, and especially good for the eyes, even cataracts.
• Blue acts as an antiseptic and cooling agent; excellent for inflammations including those of internal organs, good for cuts and burns, also for rheumatism.
• Green is the great healer. It is neutral to the others. It serves as a general tonic and neutralizer. When in doubt, use green. It is excellent for heart problems, neuralgic headaches, ulcers, head colds and boils.
• Yellow is excellent in treating bowel and intestine problems. It can act as a mild sedative to relieve many fears and give a mental uplift. It is good for treating indigestion and heartburn, constipation, piles, also menstrual problems.
• Orange is not as harsh a color as red, but has many of the same properties. It is very good for illnesses of the respiratory system such as asthma and bronchitis; also good as a tonic and laxative.
• Red is at one end of the spectrum. It is a warm color which invigorates; excellent when used for treatment of persons having heat diseases, anemia, and liver diseases.
If you have questions or would like to schedule an appointment simply call (914) 500-3712 or fill out the short form above and we will be in touch with you ASAP. We are here to help and welcome your questions about how we can help you or, if nothing else, steer you in the right direction!